Can't drink 'em, may as well bake 'em.
If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain...
- Cheychey added Pina Colada Cupcakes to Foooooood 07 Oct 03:04
- LARETTA A. favorited Pina Colada Cupcakes 20 Apr 02:52
- Flo Di favorited Pina Colada Cupcakes 20 Mar 00:38
- KhaleesiHerpDerp added Pina Colada Cupcakes to Recipes 17 Oct 18:15
- email@example.com added Pina Colada Cupcakes to recipes 25 Aug 15:45
- Andrea N. favorited Pina Colada Cupcakes 15 Oct 17:13
- maria d. favorited Pina Colada Cupcakes 18 Aug 02:25
- Lishieesaur favorited Pina Colada Cupcakes 14 Aug 03:37
- LadyNorcal favorited Pina Colada Cupcakes 09 Aug 04:06
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the first 2.5 sticks of butter and 2 cups sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In 3 parts, alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix until just combined.
Fold in 7 ounces of coconut.
Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Fill each liner just to the top with batter.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove to a baking rack and cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on low speed, beat sugar and 1 Tbls. liquor until light and smooth.
In a small saucepan, bring juice to a boil. Add to the confectioners' sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy.
Add half butter and beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy. if desired add a few drops of yellow food coloring now.
Fold in pineapple, add remaining butter and beat again on medium high speed until fluffy.
Frost the cupcakes using a large star tip and a piping bag and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.
Top with cherries and straws.