The new family portrait ...
Are you tired of the same old, same old when it comes to displaying your family photos? Do you scatter random, uninspired frames around your house that no one really looks at? Or even worse, you do you have a bunch of mediocre shots that you stick in a frame because you don't have anything better? And why, oh WHY does your three year old always have his hands in his pants? Every. Single. Time???
Well, you're not alone and there's a simple solution. Why not simply cut out only the parts of the image you actually like? The people who are smiling? The part that's in focus? Yes, you can! Pick up a bunch of simple frames (we got ours from Ikea). Create a mat with some snazzy, on-trend paper, (ours was provided by our creative friends at Smock), and paste those adorable figures right on top! You now have the beginnings of an honest-to-goodness photography collection. Just say NO to badly lit, unfocused, poorly composed family photos. You've got the power. Now go forth and use those scissors.
- Summer O. favorited Photo Figures 15 Jul 05:59
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Photo Figures to Idea 08 Jun 22:52
- PixieFey added Photo Figures to Photo Tutorials 18 May 13:49
- gettothepoint added Photo Figures to CRAFT ideas 25 Feb 03:07
- Emma H. favorited Photo Figures 16 Feb 16:10
- Tracy G. favorited Photo Figures 16 Feb 15:10
- Leah. favorited Photo Figures 13 Feb 22:25
- Little Yellow Couch published her project Photo Figures 21 Nov 00:08
Print out your favorite photograph.
Using scissors, cut out just the subject of your photo ... removing any background images.
Open your frame and cut a piece of decorative paper (scrapbooking, wrapping, etc.) to the size of its mat.
Lay the mat on top of your decorative paper and an position your cut photograph. Then tack it down with a glue stick.
Frame your new artwork and hang!