How to make a nice petticoat for your lolita dresses and skirts
I bought my tulle for $5 all together, which is pretty cheap, and it has held up very well. You may want a different material as tulle is a bit itchy!
As always my time is a guestimation.
This is "my way" of making a petticoat.
I hope this is helpful!
- Key West Witch favorited Petticoat 28 Jun 22:51
- Ruby Autumn added Petticoat to Lolita 02 Feb 19:42
- Ruby Autumn favorited Petticoat 29 Jan 16:38
- Jeanie M. favorited Petticoat 29 Jul 21:22
- Tierra T. favorited Petticoat 26 Oct 17:35
- Calah L. added Petticoat to CLOTHES 14 Jan 02:53
- Lee S. favorited Petticoat 14 Jul 23:57
- usagichan favorited Petticoat 21 Jun 04:27
- madalyn b. favorited Petticoat 19 Mar 08:41
- Stitches added Petticoat to Lolita 30 Jan 01:58
Gather your bottom(wider) layer, and sew it to the bottom of your top one.
Repeat the last step on your second piece.
Make a waistband(I made mine out of scrap material) to fit onto the top of the pieces with no gathering!
Sew both of your pieces to the waistband.
Cut elastic at the same length as your waist(or wherever you want it to sit), and pull through the waistband.
Sew up the side, and you're done!!