A quick, easy and feminine t-shirt reconstruction
This is a perfect trasnformation for an old t-shirt to give it new life. It works best on crew necks because the neckline ends up larger than how it began but don't let that stop you starting with a tshirt with a larger neckline!
Fabric scraps also work well, mixing patterns gives this t-shirt it's special look.
- dory f. favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 07 Nov 20:17
- Kate A. favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 09 Jan 05:10
- Lindsay H. favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 09 Aug 03:19
- RainxFlower24 favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 07 Sep 05:03
- Roughwaters44 favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 08 Jul 03:34
- Meredith T. favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 29 Jun 02:48
- bemeself added Peter Pan Collar Top to To-make list 15 Jun 17:18
- C K. favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 12 Apr 18:23
- Kate F. favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 20 Jun 00:09
- CheshireLover343 favorited Peter Pan Collar Top 05 May 16:17
Create your pattern by taking half the neckline measurement and drawing a curve that matches the curve of the neckline, when you get to one end, make the curve more curvy (or decrease the radius of the curve's centre). At the end that will be on the shoulder, give it a straight edge.
Add seam allowances to your pattern on all sides and cut out 4 pieces. flip 2 pieces so that they are right sides together and sew all the way around the sides and bottom curve, flip right sides out and you have your collar.
Sew the collar to the t-shirt, right sides together and then fold over the rough neckline (front and back of t-shirt) and sew a topstich all the way around.
Collar done! For variations, try a pointed collar or make a collar that goes all the way around by cutting 4 pattern pieces on the fold of the fabric hence making pieces twice as large!
Also, to get the ribbon effect at the bottom of the top, mark out and make a series of button holes (an even number) along the bottom an then thread some scrap fabric or ribbon though them.
Attach a pin or broach to the front of the top for extra girliness!