Knot Thread Stitch
I love doing embroidered portraits of pets as much as (if not more than) humans. When I spotted an adorable photo of Wilfredo, I knew I had to stitch it, and I knew it would make the perfect birthday gift for her. I wanted to include a bit more dimen- sionality, so I used a piece of felt to make an appliqué version of Wilfredo’s sweater. (You can skip this step, or also add appliqué to another area, such as the suitcase.) Use the template provided to draw a portrait of your favorite pet. I decided to use a vintage plastic hoop as the frame. You can purchase new plastic hoops in various colors or use a wooden hoop for a more traditional effect.
- 131template.pdf 1.87 MB [ Download ]
- Mistress Nora of Madness added Pet Portraits to I have the supplies already, so I should do it. 12 Mar 14:50
- mmotse03 favorited Pet Portraits 16 Aug 03:38
- Chudames favorited Pet Portraits 06 Apr 21:45
- Reagan D. favorited Pet Portraits 26 Jul 19:57
- Toni T. favorited Pet Portraits 17 Jan 22:17
- Alecia B. favorited Pet Portraits 01 Aug 14:47
- Irene Wildfox added Pet Portraits to Art 09 Jun 10:17
- Barbara M. favorited Pet Portraits 09 Jun 07:18
- Angie @ Desperate Houselife favorited Pet Portraits 09 Jun 06:17
- Patricia J. favorited Pet Portraits 08 Jun 22:18
Place the fabric in the hoop and embroider the lines with backstitching. For very small areas (like the text in the tag) use tiny stitches.
Remove the portrait from the hoop and press the fabric.