Create this necklace and go let the world know who you are!
When I saw BFF Necklace by Quiet Lion, I knew I wanted to make it. Then I realized that I had SO MANY best friends that I would have to make more than ten of them, which is just ridiculous. An idea popped into my head: What if I just made my name? I immediately started working on this project and didn't stop until it was done. I am currently dangling the name Olivia off of my neck. Good luck making this. Feel free to comment and ask questions below, or you can private message me. Thanks for reading my how-to!
- Olivia H. entered her project Personalized Name Necklace to Wander & Hunt 06 Nov 22:58
- kimberleyann.black.3 favorited Personalized Name Necklace 20 Oct 22:10
- Emily G. favorited Personalized Name Necklace 22 Aug 14:52
- Olivia H. entered her project Personalized Name Necklace to Darby Smart 06 Aug 14:44
- Olivia H. entered her project Personalized Name Necklace to Crown & Glory 29 Jun 14:23
- Amanda S. favorited Personalized Name Necklace 19 Jun 22:53
- Olivia H. entered her project Personalized Name Necklace to Hats On Heads 28 May 12:25
- pam a. favorited Personalized Name Necklace 23 Apr 18:55
- Ariel C. favorited Personalized Name Necklace 07 Apr 01:05
- flying.diabolo favorited Personalized Name Necklace 23 Mar 01:06
Write your name (or whatever word you want) down on a piece of paper. It doesn't have to be in cursive, but make sure that the letters can join up easily.
On the left side of your first letter and the right side of your last letter, add a little circle near the top. This will allow you to add a chain easily later on.
NOTE: If you have any i's in your name, you can either add a loop on top of it, or you can add a bead like I did. See below for instructions.
Using the pliers when necessary, trace over the letters with wire, making sure that the loops from Step 2 are secure. If you are adding beads to the i's, make sure you twist the i to tighten the bead into place BEFORE adding the next letter. Otherwise, your letters will become deformed and you'll have to start again like I did.
Lift your pendant off of the paper. Make any last tweaks and adjustments to make sure it is exactly how you want it. Add the jump rings, chain, and clasp to make the necklace your desired length. I chose to make mine really short to draw attention toward my face and not my stomach.
Prepare to have supplies on hand when everybody you know asks you to make one for them. (I've had at least six different people request them.)