Delicious pear and cardamom tarts in a light and fragrant almond frangipane
Pear and Cardamom Frangipane Tarts
- Anett E. favorited Pear And Cardamom Frangipane Tarts 18 Feb 18:43
- Angel C. favorited Pear And Cardamom Frangipane Tarts 10 Feb 22:01
- Julie favorited Pear And Cardamom Frangipane Tarts 09 Feb 00:57
- ale_corason favorited Pear And Cardamom Frangipane Tarts 08 Feb 23:40
- Maria N. published her project Pear And Cardamom Frangipane Tarts 17 Jan 17:59
You Will Need
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, salt, sugar and butter. Whiz for 10 seconds or until it resembles coarse meal. Slowly add the ice water through the feed tube with the processor running. Once dough forms a ball, remove from the processor and wrap in plastic wrap. Flatten with the palm of your hand and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Combine the sugar and the butter in a medium bowl, stir until creamy and light. Add the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and divide into 6 equal portions. Press the pastry into six small tart tins evenly and up the sides. Spread 3-4 T. of the Frangipane filling into the bottom of the pastry using the back of a spoon. Press the pear halves into the filling. Place the tarts on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes until the tarts are golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the apricot jam in the microwave for 1 minute or until it's soft and runny. Sieve through a fine strainer and add the cardamom. Stir to combine and brush over the tops of each tart. Sprinkle the circumference of each tart with the almonds.