Makes about 30 dodgers
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 22 Mar 00:58
- Kate S. favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 01 Sep 17:04
- Greta B. favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 01 Sep 10:03
- Miss_Marie added Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers to Recipes 30 Aug 22:48
- Crafterella featured Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 23 Aug 22:00
- Alecia B. favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 21 Aug 05:43
- Emma H. favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 11 Aug 17:10
- Nimh M. favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 08 Aug 17:07
- ale_corason favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 08 Aug 07:01
- joathina favorited Peanut Butter And Jammie Dodgers 07 Aug 10:12
You Will Need
In a medium bowl using a wooden spoon, or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and peanut butter for 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat for a further 2 minutes until fluffy. Add the egg yolk, vanilla and salt and beat until combined, then sift over the flour and mix to form a soft dough. Knead a couple of times until smooth.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°Cfan/350°F/Gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 3–4mm. The dough will be quite fragile – if it breaks apart, gently press the crumbly edges back towards the centre, then carefully continue to roll.
Using a 5cm-biscuit cutter, cut out rounds of dough. Using a heart-shaped stamp, or another small cutter of your choice, cut a hole from the middle of half of the biscuits. Place all the biscuit rounds on the prepared baking trays.
Bake for 8–12 minutes until lightly golden. Keep a close eye on them – these biscuits can turn from golden to burnt very quickly. Remove from the oven, leave to cool on the trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the biscuits are cool, spread a scant teaspoon of jam on the underside of the whole biscuits. Top each one with a cut-out heart biscuit and press down lightly.
The biscuits will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.