Home Made Summer
This ridiculously simple tart is as easy as one, two, three. I like to use peaches, but you can make it with practically any type of fruit. Think: nectarines, apples, pears, apricots . . . whatever you happen to have lying around in your fruit bowl. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream or crème fraîche.
for the dough
1½ cups (175 g) all-purpose flour
for the filling
3 or 4 fresh ripe peaches
© 2020 Yvette van Boven / Abrams · Reproduced with permission.
- Sunnie favorited Peach Tart 14 Feb 21:28
- banu favorited Peach Tart 01 Feb 17:09
- iscrafte added Peach Tart to Om nom nom! 25 Dec 14:28
- iscrafte favorited Peach Tart 25 Dec 14:28
- Megan S. favorited Peach Tart 04 Dec 04:25
- stichripr6 added Peach Tart to food 14 Nov 00:34
- KelliDroze added Peach Tart to Seasonal 27 Oct 23:42
- inescf added Peach Tart to To do 18 Jul 01:23
- Kaiulani W. favorited Peach Tart 10 Jul 00:48
- jade.owen.338 added Peach Tart to Other food 08 Jul 16:48
Make the dough: It’s easiest in a food processor, but by hand is fine as long as you knead swiftly with cold hands. Combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and pulse to combine. Add drops of water until the dough just sticks together. Form a disk, wrap it in plastic, and leave it in the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes.
Make the filling: Halve and pit the peaches and slice them. In a large bowl, sprinkle the peaches with a pinch of salt and the sugar. Let them rest for a half hour or so.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a floured counter to a rough circle about 10 to 12 inches (25 to 30 cm) in diameter. Transfer the dough to the lined baking sheet.
Pile the fruit in the centre of the dough, leaving about a 1 ½-inch (4-cm) margin all around the edges. Fold the edges in over the fruit. (This edge doesn’t have to be perfectly even. A little imperfection adds character. It’s called Home Made.)
Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden brown.
Eat the tart while still warm, sprinkled with some extra sugar and dolloped with whipped cream— whisked by hand!— or vanilla ice cream.