Retro cushion in a simple but stylish stitch pattern.
Yarn : Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 8 balls = 728m, held double throughout.
Needles : 8 mm/US 11
Gauge: Held singly, gauge is 18sts/ 4'' in stocking stitch with 5mm/US 8 needles.
Held double, gauge is 11 sts/ 4'' in stocking stitch with 8mm / US 11 needles.
Size: To fit a 45cm x 45cm cushion pad.
Extras: You might want a couple of buttons and a crochet hook to crochet some button loops.
k = knit
p = purl
CO = cast on
Pea Soup Stitch:
Row 1: k2 *p1 k1* to last stitch, k1.
Row 2: purl.
Row 3 k1 *p1 k1* to end.
Row 4: purl.
- Bella Trix favorited Pea Soup Cushion 05 Nov 12:55
- Courtney P. favorited Pea Soup Cushion 05 Nov 19:30
- MissCindy favorited Pea Soup Cushion 21 Oct 13:54
- grace.green.798 favorited Pea Soup Cushion 15 Aug 21:31
- Pelagaki E. favorited Pea Soup Cushion 17 Jun 11:29
- amelie.therese favorited Pea Soup Cushion 16 Jun 19:13
- ale_corason favorited Pea Soup Cushion 15 Jun 02:35
- Suzi T. favorited Pea Soup Cushion 14 Jun 12:26
With yarn held double, CO 45 stitches. Work in pea soup stitch until cushion cover measures 100cm, then bind off loosely. Fold up the the bottom leaving 12cm at the top as shown below (i.e. fold up the bottom 44cm).
Pin in place and sew up the sides using mattress stitch.
Fold the top 12cm over and sew in place down the sides.