tgif quickie :: Patchwork Eye Pillow
Seeking your own spa day? Looking to make a super easy, personal but not TOO personal gift? This project is sure to please. You'll be closing your eyes and saying "Om" in no time.
- drevanhoussen added Patchwork Eye Pillow to cool stuff 10 Jul 11:22
- San added Patchwork Eye Pillow to Sleep Over 01 May 17:43
- gypsie_jay added Patchwork Eye Pillow to DIY Hair, Face, Nails & SKin 14 May 18:55
- gypsie_jay favorited Patchwork Eye Pillow 14 May 18:55
- silentband favorited Patchwork Eye Pillow 25 Jul 15:54
- kimberly c. favorited Patchwork Eye Pillow 11 Jan 18:19
- Laura Ann. favorited Patchwork Eye Pillow 05 Sep 05:24
Four patterns of fabric (something not too rough..we're not exfoliating here!) cut into the following sizes: two 4x5", two 4.5x4", two 3x4" and two 1.5x4" rectangles.
Sewing machine--this could be done by hand, but the stitching needs to be super tight to keep all the goodness inside
lavender, flaxseed or rice, essential oils (if you're not a lavender fan)
Sew all around the edge, leaving a 1.5" hole for turning and filling.
Trim seams, turn and iron. Poke out your corners with a chopstick.
Use a small plastic funnel to fill your pillow (I bought a whole set of sizes at the dollar store) or make one from heavyweight paper. I usually mix my filling as 50/50 lavender and flaxseed. If you're using rice, you can add a few drops of essential oil and mix it in. Fill it to desired heft. I like mine to be nice and full but still a bit floppy. Stitch opening closed on machine or by hand.