Chocolate filled mini heart shaped pastries.
Use store bought pie dough to make these sweet little chocolate filled pastries for Valentine's Day or any day.
- Phoenix M. favorited Pastry Pocket Hearts 13 Aug 03:28
- Tiffany C. added Pastry Pocket Hearts to Sinful Treats 13 May 23:34
- terri.ferrariphippswojtowicz added Pastry Pocket Hearts to crafty recipe ideas 13 Mar 23:09
- Angela favorited Pastry Pocket Hearts 09 Feb 21:36
- Emmy S. favorited Pastry Pocket Hearts 31 Jan 20:02
- Falene M. added Pastry Pocket Hearts to Fabulous Foods for Friends 17 Jan 14:02
- Stat R. favorited Pastry Pocket Hearts 16 Jan 18:23
- ale_corason favorited Pastry Pocket Hearts 15 Jan 08:35
- Sarah B. added Pastry Pocket Hearts to Food 15 Jan 03:09
- Munnazah C. added Pastry Pocket Hearts to Fun and great foods! 14 Jan 20:15
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
Thaw one Pillsbury pie crust according to package instructions. Unroll onto a work surface (I used a pie dough mat.) Use a rolling pin to roll the dough from it's current 11 1/2" to 12 1/2", just to thin it out a bit. Cut 15 large hearts using the 2 1/2" cookie cutter and 15 small hearts using the 2" cutter, re-rolling the dough as needed. Set the 15 small hearts on the prepared baking sheet.
Whisk egg white with water in a small bowl. Set one chocolate heart on each of the small dough hearts. Brush egg wash on the dough around the chocolate heart (or just brush egg wash over the entire surface of the dough and place a chocolate heart on top - just do a few at a time or the egg wash will dry.) Top each with one large dough heart. Pinch the edges of the two dough hearts together to seal well. The top dough will overlap the bottom dough by a little bit and that is alright. Use a fork to crimp all around the edges of each heart ravioli. Brush the top of the heart with egg wash, for a more shiny finish. If you want, you can even sprinkle of bit of plain or colored sugar over each ravioli.
Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown. Heat raspberry preserves in microwave for 10 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Arrange chocolate ravioli hearts on a dessert plate and drizzle with raspberry preserves. Add some fresh raspberries and serve while the ravioli are warm.