A great use for leftover Pasta!
This is perfect for pasta leftovers.
My mom used to make this and this dish reminds me of my childhood so much... :)
- Leek and other vegetables to your liking
- Feta Cheese (can be left out)
- Ground cheese
- Melissa Beth added Pasta And Leek Casserole to Foodening 21 Jan 02:12
- Melissa Beth favorited Pasta And Leek Casserole 10 Dec 04:13
- Penny F. added Pasta And Leek Casserole to Pastas 11 Oct 15:17
- somnambuchatter commented on Pasta And Leek Casserole 02 Aug 23:16
- somnambuchatter favorited Pasta And Leek Casserole 02 Aug 23:15
- Rachael H. added Pasta And Leek Casserole to Food 17 Dec 03:08
- Suzi T. favorited Pasta And Leek Casserole 27 Nov 22:48
- Angel C. favorited Pasta And Leek Casserole 27 Nov 02:51
- Mi.ezekatze published their project Pasta And Leek Casserole 26 Nov 08:18
Cut the leek, disposing of the outermost layers and the harsh dark green tips. Wash it thoroughly, most leek might still have some soil in between the outer layers.
To cook it, fill a small pot with a bit of water, just a few inches are enough. Add a drizzle of salt to the water, put in the leek slices and heat to a boil. After about (!) 10 minutes, the leek will become softer. You don't want it to fall apart but you don't want it to be solid. Test with a fork.
While this cooks, preheat the oven (180°C)
I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure you could replace the leek with broccoli, brussel sprouts and other veggies.
In a casserole dish, layer pasta, some ground cheese, feta, leek, pasta, cheese, leek, ........... Mix your cream with spices and herbs, pepper, salt, garlic... and pour it over everything. Don't use too much or it'll just get soggy.
I have to admit though, my sauce recipe isn't perfect yet, my moms sauce always thickened while baking... hmmm...