Use washi tape to make and add pockets to any journal.
When I go on vacation I can't help but come home with handfuls of maps, tickets and museum guides and I'm always looking for a way to keep all my vacation stuff together instead of just throwing it in a shoe box. Here's a way to keep maps, receipts, etc. easily and put them anywhere in any journal.
- marie E. favorited Paris Travel Journal 18 Aug 17:32
- Kendell V. favorited Paris Travel Journal 24 Jul 23:50
- Kirby B. added Paris Travel Journal to Journal 01 Feb 21:44
- PinKween favorited Paris Travel Journal 21 Jan 16:49
- Sweet Side added Paris Travel Journal to To-make list 09 Jan 21:18
- Sweet Side favorited Paris Travel Journal 09 Jan 21:18
- Alex B. favorited Paris Travel Journal 13 Dec 19:16
- Angela I. favorited Paris Travel Journal 30 Nov 00:57
- Jennifer G. favorited Paris Travel Journal 24 Jul 22:30
- Elisa G. favorited Paris Travel Journal 19 Jul 14:52
2. Folder pocket
You'll need a sheet from your journal to make the front of the folder pocket. If your journal is spiral bound, just pull out a page. To see if your journal is sewn together - look at the inside of the book, near the binding and lift up the center pages until you can can see the "signatures" (see photo above). The signature are the individual folded sections of a group of papers that together, make up the overall journal or book. Find the center folded seam of a signature - you will know it because you will see the stitching down the center. Cut the paper out along the fold - but DO NOT cut the threads holding the signatures together. (If I think there will be unused sheets in the journal , I'll pull out more of these pages to allow room for the thicker maps and pockets.)
Fold a page in half then cut off about 3/4" along one unfolded long side. Hold the pocket so the bottom and outside edges align with the next adjoining sheet.
3. Pleated pocket
You will be cutting out a "t'" shaped piece that will be folded in half, then pleated on the sides. I think the pictures above illustrate this easier, but I've included written instructions as well. Pull out another page from your journal. Trace around the item on you want to make a pleated pocket for. Add about 1/8" to the sides and top. Flip your item down, trace around it and add about 1/2" to the sides for the side tabs. Cut out. Fold in half along bottom. Fold side tabs in toward pocket.