Pretty decor for Valentine's Day
I am having a party for my birthday this weekend and wanted few table decorations. I decided not to purchase a bunch of ready-made plastic stuff that would just end up in the landfill. I chose to make paper flowers, which are also perfect for Valentine's Day. The flowers I made look like Water Lilly’s.
- Key West Witch favorited Paper Water Lilly 27 Jun 01:48
- Lybie K. added Paper Water Lilly to Flowers 30 Jan 18:07
- Lybie K. favorited Paper Water Lilly 30 Jan 18:06
- Dana H. favorited Paper Water Lilly 04 Sep 17:51
- Brenda A. favorited Paper Water Lilly 26 Jun 08:16
- Teresa B. favorited Paper Water Lilly 06 May 01:31
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Paper Water Lilly 17 Nov 22:27
- gettothepoint added Paper Water Lilly to CRAFT ideas 31 Aug 16:07
- emmabota73 favorited Paper Water Lilly 02 Jul 15:50
- Suzanne P. favorited Paper Water Lilly 27 Aug 15:24
Cut four 10"x12" pieces of tissue paper and 1 layer of paper that is slightly thicker than the tissue. Stack the pieces of paper up alternating the colors with the paper bag piece on the bottom.
Fold the paper lengthwise into 1" accordion pleats.
Trim the ends into points. Fold the folded strip in half, and cut it along the fold line. Trim these ends into points too.
Cut a notch on both sides of the middle of the shorter strip and tie with string.
Open out the pleats and begin gently lifting each layer of tissue paper. The slightly thicker paper bag paper will become the bottom of the flower.