Turn old books into a classy vase!
I found this craft in Country Living magazine a few years ago. It takes a lot of patience, but is definitely one of the neatest things I've ever made. The first photo is from the CL craft, the second is my version. :)
- Sveta favorited Paper Vase 27 Jan 10:35
- Patricia J. favorited Paper Vase 29 Mar 01:01
- silentband favorited Paper Vase 05 Aug 02:42
- rowena.altar added Paper Vase to DIY 30 Jul 12:45
- Geralyn E. favorited Paper Vase 24 Feb 16:19
- marlene j. added Paper Vase to Dekorativt 12 Jan 21:53
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Paper Vase 20 Dec 01:52
- tassa favorited Paper Vase 15 Aug 14:14
- Rose E. favorited Paper Vase 07 Aug 19:26
- Ivy G. favorited Paper Vase 25 Jul 04:51
Find an old paperback book that you don't mind turning into a vase. Trace the shape you want your vase to be on the front cover and first few pages.
Begin cutting out the shape of the vase using an exacto knife or scissors. (I used scissors, and I have a feeling that a craft knife would work better.)
Continue cutting all the way through the pages of the book along the template, until you are done. This will take a while. Your book should now fan out in the shape of a vase.
Glue the front and back covers of the book together so that the vase will stand on it's base. You may have to glue a few of the first pages, or a page here and there to make sure the vase is uniform and well-balanced. Let dry, and you're done! It makes a nice vintage edition to your shelf or mantel.
I think the magazine idea might work, as long as you use enough of them. There have to be enough pages to fan out and make the "vase" round.
Do you think that would work with several magazines with the covers glued on each other, forming a "book"?
thanks for that tutorial