Paper Flower Wreath
A beautiful paper flower wreath that takes a lot of time but is worth the work! The time will vary depending on the size of your wreath. We did not work on this wreath continuously so I really don't know how long it took to make - check out my site for more information.
- Ella S. favorited Paper Flower Wreath 14 Oct 14:42
- Trisha J. favorited Paper Flower Wreath 27 Nov 03:18
- Jamie S. favorited Paper Flower Wreath 16 Oct 14:54
- Ashley C. favorited Paper Flower Wreath 28 Sep 04:13
- Rebecca M. favorited Paper Flower Wreath 05 Jan 15:56
- teresa.vance.129 favorited Paper Flower Wreath 30 Oct 21:14
- Penny F. added Paper Flower Wreath to decorating ideas 11 Oct 11:47
- jamie.griffin0606 favorited Paper Flower Wreath 10 Oct 03:31
- Kay L. added Paper Flower Wreath to CRAFT ideas 02 Sep 02:31
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Paper Flower Wreath to To-make 15 Aug 15:08
First, use the EK Success Tools Edger Punch, Carnation Petals, Largefollow to punch out the Carnation Petals from the book pages. Keep cutting until you have a bunch of Carnation Petals – there is no such thing as cutting too much. I’m pretty sure we used a couple of books to make this one wreath.
Once you have cut a bunch of carnation petals take the chop stick and start wrapping one of the strips of carnation petals around the chop stick using the hot glue gun to glue together the strips of petals. I added the glue in thin strips right above where you see my thumb – make sure you don’t accidently glue together any of the pretty petals. The chopstick helps to form the flower – don’t worry you won’t have to use it the whole time.
To antique the flower, fan open the flower petals and dip it in some warm left over coffee mixed with some coffee grinds and let air dry – a how-to for antiquing paper is coming to Cut Out + Keep in a few days. Just don’t let the glue touch the warm/hot coffee or else your flower might fall apart. I would suggest waiting to antique the flowers until you have made a bunch of them.
Once you have made and antiqued a ton of flowers start attaching them to the wreath with your hot glue gun. Continue this process until the whole wreath is covered. That’s it! It is pretty simple to make but it does take time!