Black & Spiked
My inspiration for these earrings, were those cone spiked bracelets I've been seeing in the stores. Some are metal and others are plastic. So, I was thinking I could make those bracelets out of paper. So I went to work, but I forgot the elastic string to put the bracelet together. So, I decided to make earrings instead. I think they're really cute. I used bracelet memory wire to make my earrings because I like them big. But, you can use any size you like.
- Ada B. added Paper Cone Hoop Earrings to Earrings 14 Apr 11:56
- Kaiulani W. favorited Paper Cone Hoop Earrings 19 Feb 21:37
- Alex Poser added Paper Cone Hoop Earrings to Accessories 10 Jan 21:27
- kendra.jensen.161 commented on Paper Cone Hoop Earrings 29 Nov 23:35
- Ada B. favorited Paper Cone Hoop Earrings 28 Nov 23:38
- Jaia T. favorited Paper Cone Hoop Earrings 25 Nov 22:11
- Alex Poser favorited Paper Cone Hoop Earrings 24 Nov 23:04
- nicole.johnson.520 favorited her project Paper Cone Hoop Earrings 24 Nov 21:11
You'll need tweleve cones for both earrings. Many tutorials via the internet on how to make the cones. Once your cones are made, you can make holes at the base of the cone using a yarn needle.
Paint cones. Let dry.
Apply two coats of diamond glaze. Let dry.
Cut two hoops from the memory wire. Make a hoop at the tip of the hoop.
Start adding your black seed beads halfway down the hoop.
Add a metal spacer and a cone. Continue to the end. Make another loop to secure.
Open the jump ring, insert through earring loops, add earring hoop. Close the jump ring.
Now you're on your way to a new stylish pair of earrings.