A simple project to brighten any room
I saw a lovely set of bunting flags made from old book pages at the Renegade Craft Fair in London, but I just couldn’t justify the expense when I knew I could make them quite easily. On Sunday I picked up a vintage French magazine at a flea market and that evening I got to work while watching the latest episode of Scandal.
This project probably doesn’t necessitate a how-to post and might just leave you thinking, ‘Well duh, Sarah!’ But my readers really enjoyed this tutorial and if you're stuck in a craft rut, perhaps this simple project will be the inspiration you need to start making again.
- Lisa S. favorited Paper Bunting Flags 26 Apr 22:18
- thatgirlrahma favorited Paper Bunting Flags 19 Nov 18:05
- Franisima c. favorited Paper Bunting Flags 13 Jan 03:09
- Sarah W. favorited Paper Bunting Flags 06 Jan 01:54
- Jackie K. favorited Paper Bunting Flags 05 Jan 20:36
- Sarah L. published her project Paper Bunting Flags 15 Dec 20:29
Cut a piece of scrap paper into a template. My triangles are approximately 4×6″ but you can do any size you’d like.
Cut a piece a ribbon a little bit longer than the space where you want to hang your flags to allow them to drape.
Cut triangles out of your pages (I used pages from a vintage magazine) using the template.
Glue your flags to the back of the ribbon. Allow them to dry & then hang (I used a couple of pieces of washi tape).