Handcrafted Holiday ~ Paper Ball Ornaments
The kids and I have been making ornaments for the tree for about two weeks now. I can't wait to show you the files of the sweater mice... but I can't figure out how to upload the PDF file I made for the pattern. If anyone has ideas I would love them. ;)
The other day on our advent calendar tag was 'making paper ball ornaments'. I saw a picture in a book (or on the net) of these and I thought they were just beautiful! They have been in my head ever since. Of course, I had stick with my theme and find a way to make them recycled. So I found the perfect medium... Old calendars!
Georgia O'Keeffe and Sulamith Wulfing were my two top choices from our stash of old calendars, but the kids favorite was Mary Engelbreit. She has some really neat patterns around the outsides of her calendar pages that make very fun ornaments!
- Noemi M. added Paper Ball Ornaments to deco 29 Oct 09:09
- Noemi M. favorited Paper Ball Ornaments 29 Oct 09:09
- Key West Witch favorited Paper Ball Ornaments 11 Sep 10:36
- silvershadowfox favorited Paper Ball Ornaments 24 Dec 21:56
- Carla H. added Paper Ball Ornaments to xmas 30 Nov 01:21
- Zeth G. added Paper Ball Ornaments to Events 22 Nov 08:34
- Diane C. added Paper Ball Ornaments to Library 04 May 23:38
- Diane C. favorited Paper Ball Ornaments 04 May 23:37
- MissVee favorited Paper Ball Ornaments 18 Sep 02:56
- janine g. added Paper Ball Ornaments to To-make list 03 Apr 20:00
Take 5 or so and punch them with the hole punch on both ends like the picture above. Then, still holding them in your hand, put the brad, but do not butterfly. Do the same with the remaining paper strips until you have a little stack with brads at both ends. When you have quite a few, then butterfly the brad so they stay secure.
Slowly spread them out, like so: