make a cute paper quilled owl
This little owl is made out of paper strips and is great as a pendant, magnet, embellishment for other crafts, in frame designs, etc. So many uses! You can make it smaller or bigger to suit what size you would like.
This tutorial makes one owl pendant.
- sian d. favorited Paper Quilled Owl Pendants 06 Feb 20:36
- Crimsaros favorited Paper Quilled Owl Pendants 01 Apr 23:37
- Cheryl S. added Paper Quilled Owl Pendants to Paper Crafts 20 Dec 04:41
- Trisha J. favorited Paper Quilled Owl Pendants 27 Nov 02:19
- Tara D. favorited Paper Quilled Owl Pendants 18 Apr 17:44
- Jessie A. favorited Paper Quilled Owl Pendants 01 Feb 12:20
- HoneysQuilling published her project Paper Quilled Owl Pendants 30 Jan 09:00
You Will Need
First glue together the three strips of 24" light green with the strip of aqua. Rip off 1 1/2" of the end of the aqua strip. Roll the 1 1/2" ripped off piece into a small tight roll.
This picture is of a different project, but the technique is the same. Roll the looooong strip of paper into a nice big tight roll, starting with the light green. When you have about 6" left to roll, glue the tiny tight roll that you made from the 1 1/2" strip somewhere on the circle. Then continue wrapping the rest of the aqua around until you finish it. Glue the end down. This creates a nice sturdy place to put your jump rings so you can make this into a pendant or keychain. If you don't plan on hanging this owl from anything, then just roll a large roll, forgetting about the tiny tight roll. Squeeze your finished tight roll so that it is a bit of an oval shape instead of a circle.
For the eyes, glue together a black, ivory, and deep aqua strip. Allow it to dry. Start rolling from the black end, and glue into a tight roll. Repeat for the other eye. For the nose, roll the 1 ½” deep aqua piece. Let it expand a bit into a loose roll. Glue it closed to the size that you want, and pinch into a triangle shape. Here are all of the finished pieces