1 quantity macaron shells, coloured beige - http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/italian-meringue-macarons
- Savannah A. favorited Pancake And Maple Syrup 16 Jul 13:10
- Alecia B. favorited Pancake And Maple Syrup 23 Aug 06:36
- effy.kingly favorited Pancake And Maple Syrup 08 Dec 14:00
- katie q. favorited Pancake And Maple Syrup 12 Sep 11:45
- Timber H. added Pancake And Maple Syrup to Food 28 Jul 12:12
- Ella Light added Pancake And Maple Syrup to Baking 04 Apr 13:06
- Ella Light added Pancake And Maple Syrup to To-make list 26 Jan 10:52
- Emma H. added Pancake And Maple Syrup to Food Ideas 24 Jan 20:30
- Suzi T. favorited Pancake And Maple Syrup 04 Jan 12:13
- mpanda favorited Pancake And Maple Syrup 29 Dec 23:33
You Will Need
To make the pancakes, put the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Lightly whisk the milk and egg yolks in a jug, then slowly whisk into the dry ingredients until well incorporated and smooth. Put the egg whites in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold the egg whites into the pancake batter. Lightly grease a small non-stick frying pan with butter or oil. Heat the pan over medium heat and pour in half the pancake batter. Cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface, then turn and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and repeat to cook another pancake.
To make the pancake maple syrup ganache, pour the maple syrup over the pancakes and set aside for 1½ hours. Put the cream and vanilla seeds in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Put the chocolate in a bowl. Pour over the hot cream mixture and set aside for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
Blitz the pancake mixture with a stick mixer until smooth, then stir through the chocolate mixture . Allow the ganache to cool and become firm enough to pipe.
Fill a piping (icing) bag with a 7 mm (3/8 inch) plain nozzle with the ganache. Pipe the ganache on the flat side of half the macaron shells, then top with the remaining shells. Put the assembled macarons in the refrigerator for 24 hours to set, then bring to room temperature and serve or transfer to an airtight container.