A bit of fun in the garden with Wooden Pallets!
I've needed a good compost bin for a long time so this is what I came up with last year.
I used Free Wooden Pallets, left over weather proof stain on the outside only; A bi-fold door for the top that I have since removed and some Starbucks signs I salvaged from a store remodel. The boards for the front are all salvaged too and slide in and out to the level of support you need.
Cost? Zero. Results? Awesome. For now, I'm storing Stray in teh empty side but it's made for rotating years compost. I year fill, next year fill the other side and let the first side sit... after you use the aged compost, start filling that side and let the other sit.
Straw and dirt have prevented and smell problems so the neighbors are still friendly. And, they love my tomatoes.
If you like this project, you might also like...
Tiered Strawberry planter from Gutters: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/strawberry-fields-condo
Dead Light Fixture Planter: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/dead-light-fixture-brings-life-to-flowers
- Harmonee.seal added Pallet Board Compost Bin to Gardening Fun 01 Jun 16:52
- becky.wright.9406 favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 28 Jun 17:33
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 11 Nov 17:32
- memem.miname favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 15 Aug 20:40
- Christinavaely favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 05 Jun 14:43
- Kitty favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 26 May 14:35
- Ravens Trove favorited their project Pallet Board Compost Bin 15 Apr 21:00
- kairi s. favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 14 Apr 01:19
- fetisha favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 12 Apr 23:45
- Angel C. favorited Pallet Board Compost Bin 12 Apr 23:00
Ravens Trove posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!