From river rock to decorative object
What's a girl to do when she has a ga-zillion river rocks? Turn them into a conversation piece! Don't let this craft fool you. It definitely takes a steady hand and lots of patience, but it's so worth it. This is the perfect craft for a rainy afternoon. xo
- Rae G. added Painted Rocks to I wanna make!! 06 May 14:42
- Rae G. favorited Painted Rocks 06 May 14:41
- Pimke added Painted Rocks to Handwerk 26 Jan 12:53
- Brannon favorited Painted Rocks 09 Mar 18:05
- Melissa G. favorited Painted Rocks 09 Feb 22:57
- Pure and Noble published her project Painted Rocks 19 Jan 05:09
Using your masking tape, simply mark off the desired geometric shapes on your rocks.
(make sure edges are pressed down onto rock really well to prevent paint from seeping.)
Once your first color is done, add more paint to create your next geometric plane.
(You can repeat this step as often as you like to create a more intricate design.)
I kept my rocks simple with only 2-3 colors! Have fun.