The cake that made me cry
This cake was made at the request of my sister in law for her birthday. She loves owls and I wanted to make one so cute that she'd have a hard time eating it. While the result could have been better, she seemed to love it. For the amount of blood, sweat and tears that went into it, I'm glad she did. Seriously, this cake almost destroyed me. Back problems and cake decorating don't mix well.
I'll admit, part of me wanted to put a big hole in the middle and fill it with cherry syrup so that when she cut into it she'd feel terrible for "killing" her cake, hehe. She specified that the inside should be black forest cake, so that's what she got :) All of those feathers were hand cut and stuck on, many of them painted with food colouring. My husband had to help me with the feather making because there was just so much of it to do.
- CraftyCat added Owl Birthday Cake to Cooking 20 Nov 02:29
- CraftyCat favorited Owl Birthday Cake 20 Nov 02:29
- Tammy W. favorited Owl Birthday Cake 06 Nov 23:14
- christina p. favorited Owl Birthday Cake 06 Nov 19:28
- hannah g. replied to a comment on her project Owl Birthday Cake 16 Oct 02:14
- Meghan E. commented on Owl Birthday Cake 16 Oct 00:55
- Meghan E. favorited Owl Birthday Cake 16 Oct 00:54
- hannah g. published her project Owl Birthday Cake 09 Oct 07:35
hannah g. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!