A sweet detail using origami folding methods
With just a couple of strategic folds, a small piece of fabric becomes a stylish pocket that mimics the shape of a heart (or gem).
- craftgirl14 favorited Origami Pocket 29 May 08:24
- Heather M. Love favorited Origami Pocket 30 Apr 03:12
- Kimya J. favorited Origami Pocket 31 Mar 02:31
- Bloop234 favorited Origami Pocket 19 Feb 14:18
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Origami Pocket 14 Feb 08:01
- suzanne.dellamonica favorited Origami Pocket 13 Feb 17:27
- Kate S. favorited Origami Pocket 13 Feb 17:26
- A Happy Stitch (Melissa Q.) favorited Origami Pocket 07 Feb 00:40
- Crafterella featured Origami Pocket 06 Feb 23:00
- Deb E. favorited Origami Pocket 06 Feb 05:07
Start with a square 9 x9" piece of fabric. Fold in half toward the wrong side of the fabric and press. Open the fabric up, and fold in half the other way to create lines that form a cross.
Fold one side up, up to the horizontal middle line.
Fold each corner up to the vertical line to form a triangle base.
Fold each side to the vertical line.
Flip the pocket onto the other side (this will the back of the pocket). Fold top down by about 1.5 inches.
Fold down another 1.5 inches or so. Make sure that the top of the diamond shape is folded down so that raw edges won't show on the front.
Edgestitch the top. Now your pocket is ready to be sewn onto a garment, bag or whatever strikes your fancy!