Felt anime buddies for my daughter.
You can't see in the pictures, but the two smaller ones have tails. I had so much fun making these!!! My kid thought it was so cool that I made them for her. My Neighbor Totoro is one of her, my, & her dad's(my ex) favorite movies. These were crafted with love.
- js-m crafts added Oh Totoro, Chuu Totoro, And Chibi Totoro to Anime themed party list 28 Jun 20:43
- mmotse03 favorited Oh Totoro, Chuu Totoro, And Chibi Totoro 02 Nov 05:31
- kiaravalentine added Oh Totoro, Chuu Totoro, And Chibi Totoro to Peluches 10 Feb 21:34
- Peggals <3 commented on Oh Totoro, Chuu Totoro, And Chibi Totoro 18 Dec 04:12
- Peggals <3 favorited Oh Totoro, Chuu Totoro, And Chibi Totoro 18 Dec 04:10
- WerewolfCas favorited Oh Totoro, Chuu Totoro, And Chibi Totoro 28 Aug 09:46
Draw the shape of Oh Totoro on a piece of poster board. I freehanded it, while looking at a picture from the movie. Cut it out, and use it as your pattern. To make him as big as I did, try to draw it as big as your pieces of felt will allow.
Trace onto 2 pieces of grey felt, and cut out.
Cut out a large, roundish shape from beige or white felt, for Oh Totoro's tummy, smallish white circles for eyes, and a black nose-shape. Make sure you look at lots of pics of the original character, as reference.
Stitch these pieces to the front/top piece of grey felt.
Embroider on eye pupils, whiskers, and the little upside down V marks on his chest.
Blanketstitch the front and back pieces together, leaving a hole to stuff through, then stitch the hole shut.
To make Chuu and Chibi Totoros, draw a blue oval(for Chuu) or small white circle(for Chibi)shape, with ears(and feet if you like), on a piece of poster board, cut out and use as a pattern. Add details similarly to the way we did with Oh Totoro. Sew sides together, stuff, and sew up the hole. To add a tail, cut two triangles out of coordinating felt, sew together, invert, stuff, tuck edges under, and stitch onto back side of character.