first project using wood stain and my first try at upholstery work.
I found this chair at my Last Chance Thrift store located at the Marina,
CA dump. It was $5. The finish and fabric were hideous, but it had good lines, and fully functional office chair base and all the rest was made of solid wood! I invested about $20 in supplies and materials.
First thing I did was take the whole chair apart.
For this project I used a heat gun and putty knife to remove the original painted finish. This took a long time as there were lots of small spaces to work between.
Next, I removed the upholstery covering the seat (the inner foam and batting were still in good condition so I just left them on). I labeled the old fabric so I would remember how they were sewn together, then ripped it apart and used it as the pattern for my new fabric. When I was done sewing my duplicate I staple-gunned the new cover onto the seat.
I then got to work on the wood. Sanding it down, then staining it, then coating it with a clear satin finish. That took a few days of dry time to complete it all.*
When it was dry I bolted the whole thing back together and there you are!
*Total time includes curing for the stain and seal.
Haught Tea posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!