Bake a nutty carrot cake
This is my absolute favourite carrot cake - and with beans and buckwheat in there it's also pretty healthy to boot! Solidly approved by friends and family, you can't go wrong with this cake! :)
- VeganSprinkles added Nutty Carrot Cake to Easter Party: Vegan Style 25 Feb 04:49
- Lotusburger favorited Nutty Carrot Cake 15 Jan 05:00
- ale_corason favorited Nutty Carrot Cake 29 Dec 06:08
- Sarah E. added Nutty Carrot Cake to To-make list 15 Dec 07:49
- Margaux M. published their project Nutty Carrot Cake 10 Aug 19:37
You Will Need
Preheat to 180C and spray a springform 20-22cm round pan.
Add the apple cider vinegar to the soy milk and let it curdle for a few minutes.
Make your vegan eggs and let them rest for a few minutes.
Blend wet ingredients (except carrot) in a food processor until smooth.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to bowl and mix well.
Fold in carrots. You’re welcome to throw in nuts or 1/2 cup of chopped dates.
Bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown on top and it bounces back when you poke at it lightly.
Let it cool on a rack in the springform pan. Do not turn off your oven!!
Quickly spray some baking paper/silplat and mix together your garnish ingredients.
Spread the syrup-y nuts across and bake for 10 minutes, stirring once.
Blend together your frosting ingredients in a food processor. Once the cake has cooled spread your frosting over.
Sprinkle your nuts on top of the frosting. Keep the cake in the fridge for chilled yumness, but you can also serve at room temperature if you like.