Herb Beignets: another excuse to have donuts
Herbs and garlic in a light dough dusted with parmesan and full of flavour
- Perico d. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 23 Mar 19:13
- Sam C. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 13 Dec 20:56
- Christine P. added #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets to Recipes 15 Nov 04:41
- Suzi T. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 08 Nov 17:16
- Georgia favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 06 Nov 17:46
- Moira A. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 27 Oct 07:54
- Alissa B. favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 26 Oct 19:24
- Anael MarsW favorited #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 24 Oct 11:55
- Jane C. published their project #Friday Night Treat: Herb Beignets 15 Jul 16:32
You Will Need
This has been a wild week.
You see we’ve really tried to limit small one’s activities so that things aren’t too crazy but this week everything came to a head. Swimming isn’t done, kindergarten had an introduction night, ballet had extra practises, soccer started and the ballet recital is Friday and Saturday night. Family is coming to see her perform and we’re now pretty much done.
A treat is called for in a big way.
DH wanted donuts but I wanted something savoury so I thought, why not combine the two?
An herby beignet.
Sort of fitting for the end of May which has all been about fresh herbs.
I proofed yeast and got together chopped garlic, parsley, sage and chives.
really gorgeous anchovies, parmesan and garlic butter.
Proof yeast in warm water and maple syrup. Add in chopped herbs (see the description above for combo I like but have a bit of fun experimenting), salt and flour. Knead dough until elastic, let rest (covered) for 15 minutes, roll out to ½ inch thick and cut into 2x2 inch pieces.
Heat fat, add beignet and brown on both sides. Serve with parmesan (optional) and garlic butter for dipping.