Be sure to click on images for full size
This is a technique I discovered after playing several hours on Paint Shop Pro and has limitless variations.
- Sveta favorited Nouveau Ize Yourself 11 Nov 18:39
- Sandra C. added Nouveau Ize Yourself to photoshop 30 Jun 17:43
- Michelle S. added Nouveau Ize Yourself to Photo Tutorials 09 Apr 19:27
- Nia Romadhoni favorited Nouveau Ize Yourself 01 Dec 09:56
- Tiffany S. favorited Nouveau Ize Yourself 09 Oct 22:22
- Doodlebert favorited Nouveau Ize Yourself 14 Aug 02:53
Choose your image
A good photo will:
1. Not be too small in size (greater than 300x300 at minimum)
2. Incorporate art nouveau motif's such as; flowers, long wavy hair, butterflies, dragonflies, draped clothing
3. Not be high in contrast (will need details of face and hair)
I chose this picture of me with purple carnations
Click on the "Layer 2" in the Pallet
Then select a gradient, I created the one in the picture, just two colors and on a diagonal shape.
Use the flood bucket tool to fill the gradient color on this layer
On the drop down list select "Exclusion", or play around and see what other setting makes your image look cool.
as an option sometimes I select the background layer, then click: effects > blur > Then any of the blur's to soften the original image a little bit.