Simple crochet blanket that looks like the Aurora Borealis
This simple throw is the perfect stashbuster. This piece is crocheted back and forth in a granny stitch pattern and is extremely customizable. Just add more yarn as you go!
ch = chain stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
ch sp = chain space
hdc = half double crochet
- Cassandra L. added Northern Lights Blanket to Louise Bechers Room 05 Feb 02:47
- Renee D. added Northern Lights Blanket to DIY Craft Room 04 Oct 04:54
- Chudames favorited Northern Lights Blanket 27 Sep 03:45
- mmotse03 favorited Northern Lights Blanket 30 May 07:24
- Ariciaaa favorited Northern Lights Blanket 19 Dec 11:44
- Regina K. favorited Northern Lights Blanket 09 Dec 06:06
- Barn favorited Northern Lights Blanket 06 Dec 12:53
- RareJewel favorited Northern Lights Blanket 29 Nov 07:47
- natashaprice published her project Northern Lights Blanket 23 Nov 06:00
Foundation Row: 1 sc into 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc into each chain to end (156 stitches)
Set Up Row: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 1 dc into first sc, [skip 2 sc, 3 dc into next sc] to 3st before end, 2dc in last stitch. — Your row should contain a 2dc cluster, 50 clusters and a 2dc cluster. Ch3 turn.
Row 3: 1 dc into very first stitch, [3 dc into next ch sp between dc groups] repeat to last space, 2 dc into last space and then 1 dc into 3rd stitch of ch 3 from previous row. Ch 3, turn.
Continue row 3 until your blanket is the length you prefer.
Final row: Hdc in every stitch across.
Cut yarn and weave in ends with a darning needle.