No Sew Pleated Lampshades
Makeover all of the lampshades in your house with this easy tutorial!
- Collene M. favorited No Sew Pleated Lampshades 19 Jun 12:05
- Key West Witch favorited No Sew Pleated Lampshades 31 May 13:11
- Key West Witch added No Sew Pleated Lampshades to Lighting: Candles to Chandeliers 20 Mar 22:25
- ~*SuNsHiNe*~ favorited No Sew Pleated Lampshades 22 Feb 03:33
- Pamela M. favorited No Sew Pleated Lampshades 26 May 05:05
- Lorraine F. added No Sew Pleated Lampshades to Decor 06 Feb 01:33
- Emo Chick favorited No Sew Pleated Lampshades 17 Jul 22:59
- Mark Montano published his project No Sew Pleated Lampshades 03 Jul 07:37
Watch the video tutorial
1. & 2. Remove the cover from the old lampshade and scrape off any glue with a craft knife
3. Fold the fabric on a diagonal matching the straight edges
4. 5. & 6. Measure 1" lines from the diagonal fold and then cut the fabric in 1" wide strips
*Cutting on the diagonal is also known as cutting on the bias which is why it's called bias tape
7. Thread the 1" bias strips through the bias tape maker and iron as you pull it from the tip
*This is how you make bias tape
8. & 9. Hot glue the end of the bias tape to the rim of the wire shade and start wrapping from top to bottom overlapping every 1/4" to 3/8"
10. & 11. Optional: Trim the shade by hot glueing the edge of piece of bias around the rim. Finish it by folding over the raw edge 1/4"
12. Glue the other edge of the bias on the inside of the shade
Make a pendant or add them to a fun lamp base and you're done!