You Will Need
- Reasonably Priced
2 pieces pine board: 1''x12''x24''
2 pieces pine board: 1''x12''x22 1/2
2 pieces 1/2" thick plywood: 24''x24''
Fairfield Cushion Foam
Poly-Fil Hi-Loft Batting
Hammer and nails
Matching Trim and ribbon
Electric knife to cut foam (optional)
1. Nail the 1" x 12" pine boards into a 24" x 24" square
2. Nail the 24" x 24" plywood on the top and bottom
3. & 4. Measure, cut and glue the 3" foam on top of the box
5. Cut a piece of high loft batting to go up one side, across the top and down the other side and then staple in place around the base and up the sides
6. Cut another piece of batting to cover the remaining sides, doubling the batting across the top of the ottoman and stapling in place on the base and up the sides
7. Flip the ottoman and secure the batting all the way around the base, folding in the corners to keep it neat
8. Pin the fabric over the top of the ottoman to keep it in place
9. Flip the ottoman and staple the fabric to the base making sure to pull taut as you go and stapling up to, but not exactly to each corner
10. Fold the excess fabric like you are wrapping a present and staple it across the bottom of the ottoman and then secure each corner with more staples
11. Optional: Glue a piece of fabric (about 23" x 23") to the base of the ottoman to cover the staples and raw edges
12. Screw in the furniture legs on each corner
13. - 15. Pin, iron and glue ribbon in a square across the top of the ottoman
16. Glue ribbon and fringe along the base of the ottoman with more E-6000 Fabri-Fuse and pin in place until dry
Watch how to make it here!