No-Knit Kitty Hat
How to make a knit hat, without having to knit!
- Jazmyn Annecia favorited No Knit Kitty Hat 11 Dec 22:24
- Rebecca C. favorited No Knit Kitty Hat 04 Aug 04:39
- DeadGirl added No Knit Kitty Hat to outfit 11 Apr 10:16
- John W. commented on No Knit Kitty Hat 22 Dec 04:35
- Victorian Dreamer favorited No Knit Kitty Hat 08 Dec 10:10
- matthew t. commented on No Knit Kitty Hat 19 Aug 05:35
- matthew t. favorited No Knit Kitty Hat 19 Aug 05:34
- cornelia.featherstone favorited No Knit Kitty Hat 08 Jun 14:00
- nimble c. commented on No Knit Kitty Hat 22 Mar 05:19
- daryl l. commented on No Knit Kitty Hat 21 Mar 04:55
If you're using a cardigan, fold it so that the ribbing around the neckline and the hem is matched up. If you're using a sweater, just lay it flat and ensure the ribbing around the front and back of the hem is matched up. Use a hat that you like as a template for your shape; add pins around it, plus a little extra for seam allowance.
Turn the fabric of your hat shape so that the right sides are together. Put the cat ears in the position you want them, making sure they are between the two hat pieces and pointing inwards. Add pins around the edge, leaving the bottom open, and sew together by hand (with a blanket stitch) or using a sewing machine (using a zig-zag stitch).