You'll be hoping you get slimed with these cupcakes!
- Lara L. favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 27 Feb 13:48
- OH! Its the Domo :3 added Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes to Halloween 01 Jul 22:56
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 01 Jul 22:56
- DocDoolittle favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 24 Feb 21:03
- Jaybird favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 18 Jan 20:23
- Christine H. favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 15 Jan 12:53
- Felicia G. favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 21 Dec 03:29
- Toxic Tea Party favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 18 Dec 21:25
- Naomi D. favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 17 Dec 19:34
- HarleeQuinn03 favorited Nickelodeon "Slime" Cupcakes 15 Dec 17:57
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two cupcake tins with wrappers.
In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream 2 sticks of butter until smooth.
Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with 1 cup of milk and 1 tsp vanilla.
With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Cool the cupcakes in tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack. Make the "Slime" pudding for the inside, the frosting, and the "Slime" glaze, as seen below.
“Slime” Pudding Filling:
Make one box of instant vanilla pudding, following instructions on the box. After completed, add 10 drops of green food coloring gradually while mixing.
Core the center of the cupcakes and spoon in the slime filling. A knife or small spoon works fine.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
Place two sticks of butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the powdered sugar and then 1/2 cup milk and 2 tsps vanilla.
On the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Gradually add two more cups of powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. Add more powdered sugar if necessary.
Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting and let sit 5-10 minutes while making the “Slime Glaze”:
Mix 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 3 TBS milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 4 drops green food coloring, and 2 drops yellow food coloring together in a medium bowl using an electric mixer on slow/medium speed. Adjust drops of food coloring to reach your desired color.
Using a spoon, drip the glaze over the frosted cupcakes to give it a “slimed” appearance.