Sturdy, water proof bowl made out of newspapers
This is a real fun and easy project. if you do it right than you can even eat cereal out of it! or use for what ever else you want. I like using mine as a snack bowl.
- Anna Bean entered her project News Paper Bowl to Ladies Of Letterpress 08 Jun 18:47
- Anna Bean entered her project News Paper Bowl to The Pop-Up Pinhole Company 09 Mar 19:08
- Anna Bean entered her project News Paper Bowl to Printic Contest 27 Jan 00:58
- Anna Bean entered her project News Paper Bowl to Projecteo Contest 25 May 22:14
- Anna Bean entered her project News Paper Bowl to Cherry Walls 24 Jan 05:51
- Amanda S. favorited News Paper Bowl 27 Oct 14:04
- Anna Bean added her project News Paper Bowl to Other 13 Oct 18:09
- Mary K. favorited News Paper Bowl 11 Oct 19:51
- susan a. favorited News Paper Bowl 09 Oct 23:26
- Monika Gottindottir favorited News Paper Bowl 09 Oct 12:46
Then take a piece of news paper and dip both sides into the mixture, then lay it on a upside-down bowl. Keep on doing this until it covers the bowl, and then still keep on doing it till you 8 layers or more. If you have certain pieces of news paper that you wants to show, then use them for the first layer and the last layer.
Now it's time to add the plastic coating. When you do, do it out side when it's not windy or dirt will get stuck to your bowl. In the middle of the news papers place your bowl face down and use something to put under it so the lid won't touch the ground. Then spray the out side of the bowl with shellac, and let it dry (you can buy it at places like home depot or lowes). While you're spraying you should wear a dust mask. When shellac is dry it's harmless, but when it's spray you might breath it in, and breathing in plastic is not healthy. or safe