Great balance b/w sweet and creamy!
I have been making cheesecakes since high school! Lost my recipe and concocted a new one which i think is even better!!! Hope you enjoy!
- Maxine M. added New York Style Cheesecake to To-make list 06 Apr 19:37
- Shantelle t. added New York Style Cheesecake to food!! 08 Dec 14:32
- rouge s. added New York Style Cheesecake to Food 27 Nov 03:17
- rouge s. favorited New York Style Cheesecake 27 Nov 03:13
- enkha b. added New York Style Cheesecake to food 28 Jul 22:46
- Sandra M. favorited New York Style Cheesecake 12 Jul 01:36
- Kaiulani W. favorited New York Style Cheesecake 10 Jul 01:40
- Katharine C. favorited New York Style Cheesecake 26 Jun 19:31
- Grimgirl101 favorited New York Style Cheesecake 20 Jun 22:12
- Molly H. favorited New York Style Cheesecake 13 Jun 04:45
Preheat oven to 325; Butter your springform pan, you can use spray or use the old paper towel and butter trick!
In a large bowl mix cream cheese (let them sit for a few minutes; mixing cold hard cream cheese = no fun; Cut into pieces)and sugar until smooth.
Blend in eggs one at a time and try not to over beat (the key to a great cheesecake; switch to rubber spatula or spoon if you are unsure).
Add sour cream, vanilla extract and flour (In that order)
Bake for 1 hour, I can not stress this enough, and LEAVE IT ALONE! The magic will happen! After time is up, turn off the oven and leave it in there for about 2 hours (this will help not to crack your cheesecake but if it does no worries just flip it over and it's still pretty) Then place in fridge for 4 - 6 hours. If you can wait that long, I love fresh slightly cooled cheesecake.