Ouija inspired Corset
My Daughter just graduated from High School and has pretty much everything (including a house). Finding her something for a gift was difficult, I knew she really wanted a "real" corset. I found two corsets for her, both corsets were plain black with a floral monotone pattern in the background. I painted this for her on one of the corsets. Sorry the images are so blurry, I used my crappy camera on my phone.
- mmotse03 favorited Mystic Corset 19 Aug 22:25
- Summer O. favorited Mystic Corset 16 Jul 01:02
- Xena L. favorited Mystic Corset 19 Jun 21:35
- Skylar S. favorited Mystic Corset 09 Jun 20:12
- Shenanigans favorited Mystic Corset 07 Jun 19:29
- DarkAshHurts commented on Mystic Corset 06 Jun 19:09
- PunkinsBabie replied to a comment on her project Mystic Corset 04 Jun 18:52
- Biblohip commented on Mystic Corset 04 Jun 17:44
- PunkinsBabie published her project Mystic Corset 03 Jun 18:46
I didn't really take photos of the progress because it’s pretty self-explanatory. It was very simple as the corset has lots of seams and lines to use for a guide on where your art should go. I just found the inspiration in various pictures I had seen or drawn, lined up where everything should go and painted away.
I highly recommend if you are going to embellish a corset that you use two binder clips to stabilize the front busk opening; one on the top of the busk and one on the bottom. Put a slight bit of tension or separation at the top and bottom so that the hook and posts are where they will be when the corset is on.
I used Americana Multi Surface Satin paints and Jacquard Lumiere paints. Before I started actually painting the pictures on the corset, I did splatter some lime green in the background (it my daughters favorite color). I let the splatters dry completely before I started the actual pictures on the corset
I used the Americana Multi Surface to paint the eyes and posts of the busk, you can use the paint on metal. I chose to go over top of them with clear nail polish (3 coats) to attempt to ensure the paint did not chip off.