Yarn bomb a garden gate!
Use your practice granny squares, bits of yarn and lace and yarn bomb your backyard!
- Ashlee P. added My Granny Gate to Miss Marple 27 Apr 18:27
- Harmonee.seal favorited My Granny Gate 01 Jun 16:52
- Harmonee.seal added My Granny Gate to Gardening Fun 19 Jul 02:48
- Belle favorited My Granny Gate 26 Sep 07:44
- Melinda K. commented on My Granny Gate 24 Sep 02:16
- Romana S. favorited My Granny Gate 22 Sep 13:21
- WerewolfCas favorited My Granny Gate 22 Sep 05:50
Once upon a time, this gurl lived in a 1910 brick walk up.
In the back was a cobblestone alley and a neglected patch of dirt.
After hauling in a few truckloads of good soil, constructing chicken wire walls and picking large flat heart shape rocks, the 'Hope Garden' was born.
This gate was rescued from a dumpster for the garden and has followed me to my cottage.
Now, I did not set out to granny the gate. Nosiree. My pile of practice grannies was staring at me from across the room. 'Should throw these out in the trees for the birds' was one thought. 'They could use them for nest making or maybe a squirrel would use one as a blanky, if squirrels actually used blankys.' I can see it now, a little squirrel cuddled up and covered with a granny square in an Altoid tin.