A creepy-cute, goth-y Valentine's Day craft for the partner who has everything!
For inspiration, consider listening to the band, My Bloody Valentine and eating heart-shaped message candy!
- Barbara M. favorited My Bloody Valentine 31 Jan 00:59
- Lex R. favorited My Bloody Valentine 23 Mar 17:32
- Rebecca M. favorited My Bloody Valentine 05 Jan 14:46
- Hannah I. favorited My Bloody Valentine 12 Oct 02:23
- Becky M. favorited My Bloody Valentine 29 Jul 05:28
- meligg13 favorited My Bloody Valentine 29 Jul 04:50
- ThatLittleWhiteRabbit favorited My Bloody Valentine 27 Jul 13:18
- doll.hart1 favorited My Bloody Valentine 06 Feb 05:06
- Courtney B. favorited My Bloody Valentine 05 Jan 17:16
- Heather B. favorited My Bloody Valentine 01 Dec 08:14
You Will Need
Let's just start this whole thing out by attaching the hanger to the back of the plaque. I often forget to do this until my projects are all finished, often making this a complicated endeavor. Just do it now.
Paint the baby head with several coats of white paint and the plaque with several coats of pink paint. Let it dry.
Stain the baby head and the plaque. Mix a small amount of black and brown paint. In small sections, paint on a bit of the mix then quickly wipe it off with a paper towel. If you accidentally apply too much, just get the paper towel a little wet and wipe off more.
After the stain is dry, you can embellish the baby head with some colored pencil. You ESPECIALLY want to highlight the carved words in the forehead. With a supersharp red pencil, really get in the carved areas so that it looks all scabby in there. To make the baby look even more creepy, use red pencil around the eyes. Use the black colored pencil to add some shading around the carved areas and the eyes and anywhere else you think might be nice.
Coat the whole thing with some varnish.
Use E-6000 to attach ribbon around the outside of the heart and to attach lace around the neck hole of the baby.