Make a Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise
Tired of losing your place in a book and being recognized while you try to read in peace out in public? Oh I know. Me too. Luckily, this simple project I created solves both problems.
- craftylilred favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 06 Apr 18:38
- April favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 25 Aug 02:15
- WaterAngel added Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise to Gifts 01 May 03:38
- Lauren H. commented on Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 31 Jan 21:08
- Nerdy Llama favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 20 Aug 23:22
- Brianna_Banana favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 14 Aug 17:10
- Ysabella favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 01 Aug 01:36
- Franchesca Angelou d. favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 29 Jul 17:30
- Emma L. favorited Mustache Bookmark/Sneaky Disguise 24 Jun 19:04
Draw a mustache on your cardboard. I made mine about 6 inches long and opted for the Rollie Fingers/Old-Timey Villain/Phosphate Shop Proprietor style, but you make whatever kind of mustache you want.
Pin your mustache together with right sides facing. Sew around the edges (I just did it by hand because I’m still terrible at the sewing machine). Leave an opening for stuffing it later.
Turn that mustache inside out! (Or, I suppose rightside out in this case). If you made a curly one like I did, this is the irritating part as it’s a little time- consuming to get the ends turned.
Sew up the opening you used for stuffing.
That’s it! Now you’re all set to read your book undetected out in public and hold your place when you are through.
It’s also very good for making “consternation faces” that will provide your loved ones with literally minutes of sidesplitting laughter. At you.
<--------- Sneaky disguise in action.
This is the first how-to I’ve ever done so if I left out any crucial mustache bookmark making-related info, I’m sorry. I’m kind of working on the assumption that anyone else nuts enough to want a mustache bookmark/disguise has a basic working knowledge of crafty things.