A bloody halloween treat!
I saw some cupcakes a few years ago with a chocolate knife in them, and I thought it would be great to make them with a bit more to it. So here is my version of what I saw.
This is my first time making it so I know now what areas to spend more time improving. I hope you enjoy this treat!
- Ruby Autumn favorited Murdered Cupcakes 18 Nov 22:38
- BarryBelcher favorited Murdered Cupcakes 16 Jul 12:17
- Markee R. added Murdered Cupcakes to Alfred Hitchcock Party 22 Jun 11:29
- abigail r. added Murdered Cupcakes to Food 06 Feb 06:39
- FrankieStein favorited Murdered Cupcakes 16 Feb 06:51
- Margie A. favorited Murdered Cupcakes 01 Feb 14:54
- porcelain.girl.melissa favorited Murdered Cupcakes 13 Dec 00:13
- Crafty Pirate favorited Murdered Cupcakes 03 Nov 02:25
- kieeeera_ favorited Murdered Cupcakes 18 Oct 11:45
- Spookachtige favorited Murdered Cupcakes 17 Oct 21:00
Make whatever cupcakes you want. Here is the recipie I used. It makes 6 cupcakes.
50 mL of margarine or butter
100 mL white sugar
2 mL vanilla
150 mL flour
50 mL vanilla pudding mix
1 mL salt
5 mL baking powder
90 mL milk
Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Cream the margarine and sugar together. Add in the egg and vanilla.
Mix the dry ingredients in a seperate bowl and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
Bake them for 25 minutes.
When the cupcakes have cooled, carefully cut out a little from the top, and spoon in a liitle of the bloody fruit sauce.
The sauce I used, I made a simple syrup and added in some strawberries and a few blueberries after pureeing them. I also added a little corn starch to thicken it a little.
The color wasn't quite red enough for me, so I added 2 drops of a red food coloring.
For the icing, this is the recipie I used.
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp water
Mix the margarine, shortening, and icing sugar together. When it's well mixed add in the vanilla and water.
To decorate I used a ribbon icing tip and streaked it across to make a look of bandages.
Make you chocolate knives, and put them in the freezer for a few minutes so they wont be soft.
I used white chocolate for the blades and added a drop of black food coloring to give a grey color.
The food coloring I used didn't mix well, so you may want to try a sample of it to mix.
Now the cupcakes are almost done.
With a little of the bloody sauce of a spoon drop a little where you plan on sticking in your knife.
Pull the chocolate knives from the freezer and place them into your cupcakes and enjoy!