Make these refreshing cupcakes using every geek's favorite soda!
- Brandi M. favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 17 May 23:02
- Elizabeth T. added Mountain Dew Cupcakes to Geek 11 Jan 02:17
- DocDoolittle favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 24 Feb 21:03
- Candy Orange favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 19 Feb 23:04
- C-Arteest favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 02 Feb 03:35
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Mountain Dew Cupcakes to foods 26 Jan 00:19
- CrowsFallow favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 23 Jan 06:47
- Alexandria H. favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 19 Jan 18:44
- Jen T. favorited Mountain Dew Cupcakes 17 Jan 22:57
- KelliDroze added Mountain Dew Cupcakes to Sweet 07 Jan 23:47
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare cupcake pans with wrappers
Mix cake mix and 12 ounces of Mountain Dew in a bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
Pour mixture into cupcake pans, filling each 2/3 full.
Bake according to the directions on the back of the box, or when a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Using a pastry brush, “glaze” the tops of the hot cupcakes with Mountain Dew. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Make the frosting while the cake cools, frost and enjoy!
In an electric mixer, whip butter until fluffy.
Add in 4 cups of powdered sugar, 2 TBS Mountain Dew, and lemon/lime juices slowly as you mix. Add more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Add in food coloring, mix until color is even.