aka Yummy Edible Modelling Material / Play Dough
Modelling Chocolate - the edible play dough of the confectioner. It is quick and easy to make... and so much can be done with it! If you use white chocolate, you can use colouring to make rainbow chocolate goods.
Note - Golden syrup can be replaced with corn syrup; or any syrup of the same kind-of thickness and flavour neutrality, for that matter.
- Lillian Mccleery favorited Modelling Chocolate 03 Apr 06:08
- Andrea K. added Modelling Chocolate to Yummy 30 Oct 22:41
- dalekordancer favorited Modelling Chocolate 28 Jun 18:32
- Plan B favorited Modelling Chocolate 08 Apr 16:16
- Shannon H. favorited Modelling Chocolate 27 Mar 18:15
- Joy A. added Modelling Chocolate to Food 17 Feb 01:03
- thatdorkychick commented on Modelling Chocolate 13 Feb 23:57
- thatdorkychick favorited Modelling Chocolate 13 Feb 15:13
- elaina.nattrass added Modelling Chocolate to Sweets 20 Jan 19:47
- Jay favorited Modelling Chocolate 11 Jan 13:38
Gather your ingredients. I'm using dark chocolate (around 60% cocoa mass) and very dark (around 90% cocoa mass) chocolate to counteract the sweetness of the golden syrup, but you can use any chocolate you wish.
Putting the chocolate into chunks just makes the melting quicker.
Oh yeah: the measurements above can be multiplied up to make how much you like - just keep the ratio.
Melt your chocolate in what way you want.
I used a microwave, but you can use the good old fashioned bowl over a saucepan of water.
My microwave is 1000W - I only needed to put it in for 1 minute (60 seconds) to melt it, but an 800W probably needs 1.5 minutes (90 seconds). Adjust according to your microwave.
Now it's set, you can start kneading it and stuff.
If it's a little too soft for you, add some icing (or powdered) sugar to stiffen it up. If it gets too soft from working, stick it in the fridge.
It's also at this stage where you'd add the colouring (if you are using white chocolate). Don't use water based colouring - use powder or gel colours.
And now, you have your wonderful edible play dou- I mean, modelling chocolate for whatever you want to use it for.
The good news is that this stuff is perfectly edible - it may be too sweet for some people. Also, using a chocolate with no milk solids means that it can be vegan friendly.
Enjoy (and have fun)!