The Ruched (Leather) Clutch
I saw this clutch on net-a-porter. After choking over the $750 price tag, I decided to try making it myself. I used a pair of thrifted men's jeans and a pair of thrifted capri pants for the lining. It SUPER DUPER easy and I hope you guys enjoy making it!!
Let's get started!!!
- Batiste favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 30 Dec 19:41
- Diver added Miu Miu Inspired Clutch to 40s halloween look 29 Oct 01:49
- Melissa Beth commented on Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 12 Nov 05:31
- Melissa Beth favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 12 Nov 05:30
- Alecia B. favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 01 Jul 06:34
- Dee D. added Miu Miu Inspired Clutch to bags 08 Jun 19:35
- marilyn.steckly favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 24 Apr 01:05
- Shron W. favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 06 Aug 21:53
- Katie B. favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 22 May 05:50
- Judy favorited Miu Miu Inspired Clutch 19 May 03:01
Let's work on the zipper...
Cut two 2" x 14" strips. Place the zipper on top of one of the strips with the right sides together.
Stitch in place with a 1/4" seam allowance. repeat this process on the opposite side of the zipper.
Press the seam flat and stitch the seam allowance down stitching about 1/8" from the zipper teeth.
Repeat this step on the other side of the zipper with the other strip
Let's put it all together...
Place one of the outer pieces, one of the lining pieces right sides together with the zipper strip sandwiched in between. The right side of the zipper strip should face the right side of the outer piece.
Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance. Repeat this process with the remaining two piees on the opposite side of the zipper strip.