Use straws to make a mini diamond!
Make this mini diamond with straws, metallic tape, and string.
- louis b. favorited Miniature Diamond 07 Mar 07:22
- asia.pearce added Miniature Diamond to Models 01 Aug 22:45
- asia.pearce added Miniature Diamond to Makeup 01 Aug 22:45
- Jen J. favorited Miniature Diamond 12 Apr 22:06
- Roxy R. favorited Miniature Diamond 14 Jul 23:45
- Cake Eater Sarah favorited Miniature Diamond 15 Dec 05:06
- Audrey R. favorited Miniature Diamond 29 Oct 19:57
- Nava J. favorited Miniature Diamond 27 Oct 19:18
- Kaiulani W. favorited Miniature Diamond 21 Oct 02:39
- amyistheparty favorited Miniature Diamond 09 Oct 22:49
Step 1: Cut the straws so that you have 8 long straws each 1 1/2" long and 8 short straws each 3/4" long. Cut silver tape to match each piece.
Step 2: Carefully peel the backing off of the silver tape and cover the straw, rolling it along your work surface to keep the tape smooth. (If you have trouble separating the sticker from the backing, try using a toothpick or pin on the corner.)
Step 3: Repeat for all straws. If any silver tape hangs off the ends, trim this off.
Step 4: Thread 3 long straws onto the cord and tie them into a triangle. Knot the cord twice, pulling tightly. Trim any excess cord.
Step 5: Thread the cord through one side of the triangle and add two more long straws.
Step 6: Tie off into another triangle, again trimming excess.
Step 7: Do the same for the next two long straws.
Step 8: For the final long straw, thread the cord through the two straws as shown, adding on the final long straw.
Step 9: Tie off and trim excess cord. You'll now have a square-based pyramid.
Step 10: Thread the cord through one of the straws on the base of the pyramid and add 3 short straws.
Step 11: Tie off tightly, and trim excess as before.
Step 12: To form the next facet, thread the cord through one of the short straws you just attached, the neighbouring long straw, and two additional short straws.
Step 13: Tie off and trim.
Step 14: For the next facet, repeat step 11.
Step 15: Tie off and trim.
Step 16: For the final facet, thread the cord through the short straw, long straw, and next short straw adding the last short straw as well.
Step 17: Tie off and trim.
Step 18: To conceal the knots visible at the joints of your diamond, use a toothpick to gently push the knots into the straws.