Mini lemon and pistachio loaves
Mini lemon loaf cakes, topped with crushed pistachios and a lemon drizzle.
- Rhona H. favorited Mini Lemon & Pistachio Loaves 16 Mar 22:26
- Kimya J. favorited Mini Lemon & Pistachio Loaves 15 Jun 21:51
- kristina.larkin.52 favorited Mini Lemon & Pistachio Loaves 25 Aug 21:14
- ale_corason favorited Mini Lemon & Pistachio Loaves 19 Jul 02:40
- Summer O. favorited Mini Lemon & Pistachio Loaves 15 Jul 02:00
- Sophie Loves Food published her project Mini Lemon & Pistachio Loaves 14 Jul 06:00
Heat the oven to 180 degrees a grease a mini loaf tray. Alternatively, use a 1lb loaf tin.
Beat together the butter, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Add the yogurt and lemon and beat until smooth.
Gently fold in the flour. Whisk the egg whites to a soft peak and carefully fold into the mixture.
Divide between the mini loaf tray and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean. (The loaf may need up to 45 minutes or longer due to its size, keep an eye out on the colour and for when the loaf starts to come away from the side of the tin).
Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
To make the lemon drizzle, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice, pour onto the cold loaves and smooth with a palette knife. Scatter with chopped pistachios or any other topping of your choice.