You can never have too many pin cushions!
You can never have too many pin cushions - in my opinion at least - though I tend to use mine to stick various needles in as I’m stitching rather than to store pins.
This little pin cushion is supereasy to make - some simple embroidery that’s easily within a the reach of a beginner mounted within a 3” hoop and filled with some toy stuffing. A nice firm cardboard base covered with a circle of felt finishes everything off nicely.
- 113482_2F2016-02-22-181325-MiniHoopPinCushion.pdf 1.62 MB [ Download ]
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 18 Jul 04:22
- Jenee Nicole added Mini Hoop Pin Cushion to Sewing 28 Apr 08:55
- holycrow favorited Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 01 Apr 18:36
- Chudames favorited Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 27 Mar 22:07
- Crafterella featured Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 26 Mar 23:00
- Moira A. favorited Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 21 Mar 16:57
- essie66 favorited Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 20 Mar 20:58
- Alissa B. favorited Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 19 Mar 02:09
- Bustle & Sew published their project Mini Hoop Pin Cushion 17 Mar 09:00
You Will Need
Download and transfer the pattern to the centre of your white felt. Work the embroidery as follows using two strands of floss throughout:
● “Pins” chain stitch 3843
● Flowers radiating straight stitch 4120,
centres French knots (or you could use
small straight stitches if you’re not
confident with French knots) 827
● Leaves satin stitch worked at an angle to
the centre of the leaves - pointing
outwards and upwards 703
● When you’ve finished your embroidery
press lightly on the reverse being careful
not to flatten the stitches.
Draw around the outer part of your hoop onto your card and pale felt. Cut out two circles, very slightly within the drawn line. Place to one side.