Mini Cake with Mini Strawberries
Mini cake and 2 single cake slices with mini strawberries to decorate.
Made from felt. Cake is 5cm x5cm and Strawberries are 1cm
Perfect for giving your felt friends a tea time treat :)
PDF containing full instructions & pattern pieces attached
- 102100_2F2014-05-26-125712-Mini+Cake+Instructions+_26+Pattern.pdf 572 KB [ Download ]
- Key West Witch favorited Mini Felt Cake 23 Aug 00:13
- Braidy G. favorited Mini Felt Cake 30 Jan 01:42
- Amanda V. favorited Mini Felt Cake 25 Jul 01:34
- Neko-San K. favorited Mini Felt Cake 31 May 20:49
- Meta H. added Mini Felt Cake to sewing 28 Dec 22:54
- Chudames favorited Mini Felt Cake 23 Sep 14:53
- x_niccadee added Mini Felt Cake to Felts 25 Jun 19:55
- B* favorited Mini Felt Cake 27 May 12:04
- Caz published her project Mini Felt Cake 26 May 12:47
Sew the longest red filling piece along the centre of the longest brown cake piece to create the jam filling. Repeat this process sewing the shorter red filling pieces along the centre of the shorter brown cake pieces.
Sew the longest edge of the long brown cake piece around the edge of the pink cake top piece. When you have sewn completely around the edge, the ends will over lap, sew the gap closed.
Repeat the process with the two single pieces of cake.
Insert the cardboard pieces inside the mini cake and two single cake pieces to give them a
firmer shape. Sew the bottom brown cake piece in place leaving a small gap for adding the stuffing. Stuff the cake and sew up the gap. Repeat the process with the two single pieces of cake.
Using white thread, make small French knots all over the strawberry. Fold the strawberry in half and overstitch the straight edges together. Sew a running stitch around the curved edge of the strawberry but before pulling the thread tight fill with stuffing. Pull tight to create a strawberry shape and tie off thread to secure.